I am almost always ready and prepared! Train at 5′O clock? I will be ready by 2.30 itself. Guests coming tomorrow? I will be in the kitchen tonight itself!
So its a worry factor for me that I am posting the Blogging Marathon posts just 15 minutes before the day is getting over. But as always, I have someone else to blame. My son and my husband, of course!
My son had four days of unexpected holidays from last Friday to Monday. Four days of leave together and hey, who wouldn’t like to go on a vacation!
Mother’s place or Brother’s place? Brother’s place or Mother’s place? Before my head exploded with possibilities, the Indian Railways helped me reach a conclusion fast. No tickets – to anywhere. So back to square one, four whole days at home - with the kid to entertain! I was cringing at the very thought.
Friday morning came and my husband had a brain storm. Lets go by bus, to my brother’s place. Yes, good idea. Booked the tickets fast, packed with in half an hour and out of the house in 45 minutes! But on the way, my husband had a splitting headache (Brain storms are so so stressful!) and we had to cancel our trip.
We went to our in laws place, which was near the bus stand. So two days of unplanned stay there, and I couldn’t update my drafts and here I am now, posting these 10 minutes before the day gets over!
Anyway, back to the recipe. I have adopted this from Radhika’s blog. Head out there for a beautiful picture of the soup and the original recipe.
- Onion : 1, chopped fine
- Carrot : 1, chopped fine
- Beans : 4-5, chopped fine
- Cabbage : a handful, chopped fine
- Corn Flour/ APF : 1 – 2 tsp
- Milk : 1 cup
- Water : 2-3 cups
- Oil/Butter : 1-2 tsp
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions till it changes color. Add the carrots, cabbage and beans and saute for a couple of minutes. Add water and cook till the vegetables are cooked.
- In a separate pan, combine the corn flour (or all purpose flour) with the milk. Make sure there aren’t any lumps.
- Add the flour and milk mix to the soup and let it cook for a further 5-10 minutes. Season according to your taste.
- Serve hot with grated cheese, if preferred. Serves 3.