The enthusiasm for life has come down in the past few days. Reason : bank robbery.
Unlike the movie versions, where in a mob of masked people rob innocent victims at gunpoint, we are being looted in broad day light, by a face known and trusted by us – our builder.
The weapon of persuasion is not a gun, but our Sales Agreement with them. We signed the document years and years and years back - with hope, enthusiasm and love for our new home. We were seduced with promises of an apartment overlooking a green garden, a school close by, with a huge club house and all the amenities one could wish for.
After a lot of wait and a lot of unkept promises later, they have started sending out the final demand letter. The demand letter is really demanding all our money – Escalation charges, apparently. Unexpected. Unprepared.
And a real blow below the belt.
So right now, we are making a list of items we can sell to sustain ourselves. Hopefully, the laptops will stay!
Thank god for these golden beauties that made my day better. Dot them with butter, top with honey and sprinkle some nuts on top – You will almost stop thinking about all your worries, well almost!
- Pumpkin puree : 1 cup
- Milk : 1 1/2 cups
- Egg : 1
- Oil : 2 tbsp
- Vinegar : 2 tbsp
- All Purpose flour : 2 cups
- Sugar : 2-3 tbsp
- Baking powder : 2 tsp
- Baking Soda : 1 tsp
- All Spice, ground : 1 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon : 1 tsp
- Ground Ginger : 1/2 tsp
- Salt : a pinch
- Mix the dry ingredients together (flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt) and whisk thoroughly.
- Mix the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, milk, oil, egg, vinegar). Combine the two and mix to ensure that there aren’t any dry lumps.
- Heat a frying pan, oil it lightly and add 1/4 cup full of batter into it. Don’t spread like a dosa, you can check the video for this step. Cover and cook for a minute. Once the bubbles start appearing, flip and cook for another minute.
- Serve hot with butter and syrup of your choice. This gave me 6 thick filling pancakes.
- I pressure cooked a small pumpkin and one small sweet potato together. After the pressure dropped, I pureed them and cooked it with milk and the spices above mentioned. I didn’t like the taste of the soup, so used it up as pancakes.