Some things in life are short.
Some others are sweet. Some spicy.
Like this post. Short and sweet :-D
And the recipe shared here : an easy to make sweet, spicy and tangy Menasina Saaru (Pepper Rasam).
My Blog Hop Partner for this month is Smitha from Kannada Cuisine. And my Blogging Marathon theme is 30 minute meals. So here is the best of both worlds, a simple meal that can be put together in 30 minutes – all chosen from Smitha’s space.
This menu needs a bit of planning so that everything gets cooked within 30 min. You need to start off with rice (and I always cook dal along with it). Once the rice is in the cooker, you need to prepare the rasam. While the rasam is boiling, you can start preparing the vegetables. When the veggies are in the MW, you can finish off the rasam and get the seasonings ready for the vegetables. It was easy for me since I was only cooking for two. If the quantities were higher, I am not sure I could have managed two side dishes.
Serves 1 – 2.
- Carrot : 1 big (or beans : 10-15)
- Coconut : 1/4 cup
- Oil : 1 tsp
- lemon juice : 1/2 tsp, optional
- Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal : 1/2 tsp
- Chana dal : 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilies : 1
- Curry leaves
- Wash and clean the vegetable. Slice into circles or chop into small cubes. Microwave covered for 5 minutes, or until the veggies are cooked.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the tempering items one after the other. Once they splutter, add the cooked carrots.
- Add salt and coconut and mix.
- Cook for a further minute, take off the heat and add lemon juice and serve.