There are only a few things in life, better than waking up to chocolate in the morning. So when I saw ‘Chocolate Porridge’ in the breakfast aisle in the Supermarket, I thought of buying it.
Then I remembered about the big packet of oats sitting at home and decided to try a chocolate version of oatmeal. Add a spoon of cocoa powder to your regular oatmeal and you are done. Add some chocolate chips on top and you are looking at the best way to start your day.
Check out the Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal too while you are here.
Serves : 1
- Oats : 2 heaped tbsp
- Milk : 3/4 cup approx
- Cocoa Powder : 1 tbsp
- Sugar : 2 tsp (or per taste)
- Vanilla essense : 1 tsp (optional)
- Chocoate chips : for garnish
- Add the oats, cocoa, sugar and vanilla together in a MW proof bowl.
- Add enough milk to cover the oats mix, you maynot need the whole 3/4 cup for this.
- Mix until there are no dry cocoa lumps and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until done, stirring after every one minute.
- I end up adding a little more milk at the time of serving, than at the time of cooking. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and serve. Done!