Flashback : Ten days back.
Scene : Bangalore, brother’s place.
Characters : Brother, SIL, niece Bhagus
Audience : Me, hubby, kiddo
Dialogue 1 : Brother to SIL ‘Leaving for office, see you in the evening.’
Dialogue 2 is drowned out because of the howling in the background by Bhagus! She UNDERSTANDS grown up talk perfectly!
God save us now! And in the meanwhile, its hush-hush is the style there.
- Recipe Source: Internet, no particular one source
- Serves : 2-3
- Ready in : 15-20 min
- Potatoes : 2 big
- Chili powder : 1 tsp or per taste
- Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Oil, about 3-4 tbsp
- Wash and clean the potatoes. Pat them dry with a kitchen towel. Cube them or cut them into 1″ long rectangular pieces. Wash the potato cubes so that the startch is washed off. Else the pieces might stick together when you microwave them. Drain them.
- In a Microwave proof glass bowl, add the potatoes and about 2 tbsp oil. Mix till the potatoes pieces are coated in oil and cook at high (open) for about 4 minutes. You might want to add another spoon of oil, if required. I usually add very less, though, at times I skip the oil also. The result willnot be a fry, but yet a tasty potato side dish.
- At the end of four minutes, stir the potatoes with a wooden spoon, taking care not to break them. Cook for another 3 – 4 minutes or until the potatoes are 90% cooked. It takes about 8 minutes in my MW, and this will vary depending on the model and power of the MW.
- Heat a kadai, if you feel like, you can add a spoon of oil, otherwise just add the cooked potatoes with the oil to the kadai. Add the chili, turmeric powders and salt. Mix, taking care not to break the potatoes. Let it cook for 4-5 minutes or until they look fried and done. Serve hot with rice/khichdi or roti.