Like the saying ‘You cannot see the forests for the trees!’, you cannot see my kitchen for the appliances in there! On the counter, you have the OTG, Microwave, Food processor and the kettle. Open any of the cupboards, you are sure to find a less used appliance tucked in there.
My poor panani maker, toaster, hand mixer, coffee maker, rice cooker, induction stove are all tucked in somewhere to save the counterspace. I don’t even know how many more appliances I have in there!! May be, I should finish this post and go count them :))
Thanks to the ‘Cooking with any Electrical Appliance’ theme, some of them are going to be featured here this week. Yesterday it was OTG, today it is Rice cooker and induction stove (preparation in the stove and the actual cooking in the Rice Cooker).
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for more themes and recipes from the participating bloggers!
Recipe Source : Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Basmati rice : 1 cup
- Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Methi (Fresh or Dry) : 1/4 cup ( 1/2 of it if using dry variety)
- Green Peas : 1/4 cup
- Mushroom : 1/2 cup sliced (optional)
- Garlic & Green chillies : 1 tsp each, chopped fine
- Ghee/Oil : 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
- Wash and soak the rice. Drain after 15 minutes and keep aside.
- Heat ghee or oil in a rice cooker, I did this in an induction stove. Add mustard seeds, garlic and green chillies. Once the seeds crack, add the mushrooms, turmeric powder and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the green peas, methi and the rice. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Take off the heat.
- Now, move this to a rice cooker. Add two cups of water, salt and let it cook.
- Serve hot with raita or curd and pickle.