I made these pancakes for my son’s lunch yesterday. Now, if you knew the state of affairs in the morning time at my place (crazy crazy time!), you will understand the stress under which I clicked these before packing them in the lunch box.
Peace reigns the minute after the man and the child leave home for work and school. The house might look as if a hurricane has hit us, but then I am in a much better state of mind to face the day by that time.
Yet, the post is a day late and I am posting this in a hurry-burry fashion. But these Goan style banana pancakes (or so the internet says!) deserve to be enjoyed at leisure. So please relax, get yourself a cup of tea, check out the recipe and savor these!
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for more bloggers and more recipes!
Recipe Source: Filos
Makes : 6-8 small pancakes
- Ripe Bananas : 2
- Eggs : 2 (I used only one)
- AP Flour : 1/4 cup
- Milk : 1/4 cup
- Sugar : 2 tbsp
- Cardamom : a pinch (optional)
- Ghee : abt 1/2 tsp per pancake
- Mash the bananas in a bowl until no lumps remain. Add the egg and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add the sugar, a pinch of salt, milk, flour and cardamom. Mix till it forms a pancake like batter. You can adjust the consistency by adding the milk and flour accordingly.
- Heat a tawa and add a teaspoon of ghee. When the ghee is hot, pour a ladle ful of batter. Once the bottom side is cooked, flip and cook the top too.
- Serve hot with a cup of tea.