Its heard to believe the thrills and heart breaks we have over my son’s homework.
Every year he gets asked to write what he wants to be when he grows up, as part of his curriculum.
In KG, he wanted to be a ‘COOKER’, like mommy.
In 1st grade, it was a “GHOST’. His teacher had him cut it out and made him write ‘doctor’ instead. I can understand the poor lady’s shock :)), but kiddo told her that its more fun being a ghost.
And now this year, it’s an ‘OFFICER’ (office going person) like daddy.
Another time, he was asked to write three good things he likes about his parents. And he told us that he can’t think of any!! Not even one thing!!
You cannot even imagine the amount of sulking me and my husband did over that!
Even if he can’t think of anything nice to say about me, I know I inspire him very much in life. I know that for sure, because he said he wanted to be a ‘House Wife’ initially, before I directed him to ‘Officer’ :-)!
Here is a summer drink with a different colour, but with a fresh and lemony taste. Try it out and if you don’t want the colour, just skip adding it.
Recipe Source: Lite Bite
- Sugar : 1 kg
- Water : 1 ltr
- Lemons : 6 (I had only 4)
- Mint leaves : 2 cups, loosely packed (one bunch)
- Ginger : 2 ” piece
- Salt, a pinch
- Green food color, optional
- Mix water and sugar and heat it for 5 minutes till sugar dissolves. At this stage, I filtered out the mix to remove the impurities. Bring it to a boil and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Wash and clean the mint leaves. Peel and grate the ginger piece.
- When the sugar mix is cooled completely (and only then) add the mint leaves, grated ginger, salt and juice from the lemons. Mix well and leave it in the fridge overnight or for about 4-5 hours.
- The next day morning, filter out the leaves. Add the food colour, if using. Mix.
- When ready to serve, mix a little less than 1/4th of this mix and add 3/4 th measure water. This ratio needs to be adjusted per individual taste. Serve with ice cubes.
The recipe is linked to Blogging Marathon 31. Check all about it here in the Blogging Marathon page.