I am yet to recover from my bout of laziness, so cooking is minimal at home. Hubby dear is away for a week, so bread and noodles is featuring prominently at the dining table. Breakfast is nutella sandwich and with a cup of tea, you feel like a king. Add this low fat sheera and its a feast!
Starting BM 23 on a sweet note, under zero oil recipes. This is not a low calorie food, as you still have sugar in it. Check out the other participants here in the Blogging Marathon page.
Recipe Source: Tarla Dalal
Serves : 2
- Oats : 1/2 cup
- Dates : a hanful, about 5-6
- Sugar : 1/4 cup
- Milk : 1/2 cup
- Banana : 1 small
- Nuts for garnishing
- Peel and mash the bananas and keep aside. Chop the dates into small pieces.
- Roast oats in a kadai for 3-4 minutes until the raw smell goes away. Add milk, dates, sugar and 1/4 cup water.
- Cook, stirring continuously, till the sugar melts and dates soften. Add the mashed bananas at the end, stir once and take off the heat.
- Garnish with nuts and serve hot/cold.
- If you want to add ghee, then roast the oats in the ghee.