Don’t laugh at me, but the first time I heard about mango chutney was about 4 years back. I have never heard about them, seen them or had them before that. I totally forgot about them till I made them for the Bengali Thali. That’s when I got hooked.
I love the sweet, sour taste with a hint of chilies hidden inside.
And so, two weeks back, I started making them again. With some minor changes this time. This too was tasty.
- Raw Mango : 1 medium, chopped fine
- Sugar : 1/3 cup, or as per taste
- Chili powder : 1 -2 tsp, per taste
- Water : 1 cup
- Wash, peel and chop the mango into small pieces. I got around 1 cup of chopped mangoes.
- In a saucepan, add these mangoes with water and cook until done. Keep an eye on it, so that it doesn’t burn and add a little more water if it dries up.
- Once it is cooked, add the sugar and chili powder. Cook , stirring and mashing with a ladle in between, until you get a thick consistency. I prefer it to be a bit chunky, so mine was like a chunky jam consistency.
- Check the taste and add more sugar or chili powder per your taste. Store in a clean jar. Refrigerate.
- Serve with anything, everything or eat it as such.
Linked to :